Surely you cannot refuse your dog when he tries to have some strawberries from your bowl. So, you want to know that, Can dogs eat strawberries. Then let’s have an eye, are strawberries good or bad for your lovely Canines?
- 1 Can Dogs Eat Strawberries?
- 2 Can Dogs have Strawberries Leaves?
- 3 Can Dogs Eat Strawberry Ice Cream?
- 4 What about Strawberry Syrup?
- 5 Are Strawberries and Blueberries same?
- 6 Are Strawberries Bad for Dogs?
- 7 How to Serve Strawberries to Dogs?
- 8 Conclusion:
Can Dogs Eat Strawberries?
No doubt, there is nothing good than fresh ripe strawberries for people as well as dogs too, because strawberries contain a list of useful compounds.
- Vit. C, folate, potassium, manganese which support the immune system of dogs.
- Strawberries can overcome the cellular damage.
- Strawberries are also helpful in the muscular system too.
- Flavonoid makes strawberries red which resists inflammation and reduces chances of cancer too.
- Omega-3 present in strawberries is best for your dog’s skin.
- Strawberries are full of fibers and low in calories which will not let your dog’s weight down and improves digestion as well.
- Strawberries are also a good source of Vit. K, B1, iodine, and folic acid which will, of course, help in boosting your dog’s health.
Well, the plus point is that strawberries have a special enzyme which helps in tooth whitening to dogs.
So yes, your dog can eat strawberries but wait! Strawberries are not berries at all, and not all berries are healthy for your dogs.
The list of Berries Which are Harmful to Dogs are:
- Holly berries
- Juniper berries
- Mistletoe berries.
These are dangerous because all these berries contain a chemical which may risk your dog’s life.
Can Dogs have Strawberries Leaves?
The answer to this question is an absolute NO. It is advised to remove stems and leaves from strawberries always before giving it to your dogs. Simply, the strawberries leaves are poisonous. Don’t be so curious, leaves are poisonous just because of pests, and use of pest is a way of gardening. So, avoid strawberries leaves from your beloved dogs.
Can Dogs Eat Strawberry Ice Cream?
Ice creams come under dairy products which contains milk as well as the cream too.
We all know that ice creams or canines don’t make a good match because dogs lack lactase enzyme which helps in digestion of milk sugar. Thus you cannot feed your dogs, ice creams. No, not only strawberry ice creams, ice-creams of any flavor cannot be given to canines.
From this dogs may face digestion problems, nausea, diarrhea and many other problems too.
So, keep all flavors of ice-cream including strawberry away from dogs.
What about Strawberry Syrup?
Don’t let your dogs have anything which contains artificial component because if such artificial ingredients are not harmful, then it’s not healthy for dogs too. So, avoid everything from dogs which is except natural things.
Are Strawberries and Blueberries same?
No! Not at all, strawberries are not berries. Even all berries are not healthy for dogs too. But yes, blueberries are also good for dogs. Like other red cousins, blueberries also provide Vit.C, anti-oxidants, fibers, phytochemicals, potassium, manganese and much more.
Blueberries are one of ‘superfood’ which benefits canines in the same way as strawberries do.
Are Strawberries Bad for Dogs?
No, strawberries are not bad for canines, but the way we serve them treat might be wrong for them.
- Canned or processed strawberries, sweets of strawberry flavor and products having artificial strawberry flavor are not good for canines. Because they contain such chemicals, preservatives, an excess of sweetener and sugar syrup which may harm your dog’s health.
- Like other foods, your dog may be allergic to strawberries too. The symptoms of allergic reaction might be swelling, coughing, sneezing, and hives so on.
- In such situation stop feeding them strawberries.
- Avoid giving too many strawberries to your puppies because anything in extra quantity may be harmful to your pets.
If you have a strawberry garden, then control your dog from having too many strawberries there.
How to Serve Strawberries to Dogs?
Here are some steps which should be followed to serve your lovely canines with a treat.
Make sure that strawberries which you are giving make only 10% of your dog’s diet. Try to give them raw, fresh and organic strawberries free of preservatives, chemicals and are thoroughly washed.
Strawberries are quite small and soft but can be cut down into pieces of mash-up with their food, to avoid choking hazards. And notably, feed your dogs with limited quantity only because too much of them can be dangerous for dogs.
Replacing highly dense, salty packaged foods with fresh, nutritious strawberries is one of the best options, also include some other fruits like Mango, Coconut and Plums. But it’s necessary to observe issues which come after the sudden diet change.