It is clear for many pet owners that your pet loves to have the human food. Before we start our debate on the topic, There is a question for all pet lovers in the world whether to share your food or not with the dog. You must share it for the close relationship between your pet and you.
Many Americans give their leftovers to the pooch and make a habit of it. While giving such food leftovers especially giving pizzas and other treats on holidays, These foods can make them sick. So it is the responsibility of each pet owner to confirms that is this food is safe for them or not. This discussion brings our today’s argument, Can dogs eat dates? Is it safe for them?
It often comes into the observation that your dog pounces on the food which you are having at that particular time. Most of the pet owners don’t hesitate to give that food which they are consuming. But don’t make a habit of giving any human food to the pet because sometimes result can be fatal.
If you want your pet healthy then sometimes it comes to changing the diet plan, then maybe you can add veggies and fruits e.g Coconut, Banana and Apples. By adding fruits, you can make the diet more delicious and presentable for the dog.
Can Dogs Eat Dates?
Most of Americans don’t have dates in their regular food. They use it as an optional food. Most of the date’s use is in Middle Eastern dishes. Dates are the Middle Eastern desert fruit. It is the predominant food for the Middle Easterns. When such fruit is available in the kitchen’s menu, which is rarely available draws the pooch concentration, and dog pounces on it.
So it is our responsibility to know the pros and cons of such fruit which is not many parts of our regular diet. The definitive and compressive answer to the question mentioned above is “Yes.” So it is good news for the pet owners worldwide. Mostly the dogs are the meat-eating animals, but the evolution makes them eat human food. It is also present in their genes, which comes from their ancestor’s wolves.
Moreover, it should be the concern of every pet owner that is this fruit is safe for the dogs or not. Dates are perfectly safe for the pooches if feed it moderately. Also, remove the pits of the dates. The dates should be clean and pesticides free.
You should apply a little test on the dog. Just give the small amount of date and monitor your dog for any reaction. If the dog reacts normal, then you could feed him more. But if the canine’s response is allergic to the dates, then avoid giving it further. Contact your veterinarian in severe cases.
When it comes to the dog’s health, then nothing should be compromised.
Benefits of Dates for Dog’s Health:
Dates are nutritional for the dogs as well as for the humans. The dates pack numerous vitamins and minerals in it. Thus it is an excellent addition to the diet of the pooch. After all, you should make healthy choices for the pets. Dates are just mini packs of energy.
- They contain a considerable amount of potassium in it.
- Potassium improves muscles, digestive and kidney functions.
- Shortage of potassium in the body can cause hypokalemia.
- Potassium regulates the sodium level in the bloodstream if sodium level increase then it can cause heart attacks.
- High in sugar content helps in hectic routines for the fido.
- A bowel movement can be improved with dietary fiber content in dates.
- They contain Vitamin A1.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B5 are in abundant in dates.
- Vitamin C also improves to get rid of anti-alien bodies in the body.
- They are also used to boost the pet’s energy.
Above mention, nutritional benefits play a major role in the pet’s health. Dates are the relief for those pet owners who want their dog to lose weight. Dates are very low in cholesterol that most nutritionist refers them cholesterol free fruit. So for obese dogs, this fruit is a blessing.
Dates also have other minerals, i.e., zinc, copper, iron, calcium, manganese, and magnesium. All of these contents are essential for the bone strength. Especially in growing pups the bones strength and health are very significant.
The dates are nontoxic fruit its pit doesn’t have cyanide or another harmful ingredient. It is completely safe for your fido unless you keep the level moderate. For humans, the pit is really nutritional. Crushed date pits for humans are the remedy for heart attacks (the tip for our reader).
Drawbacks of Dates for Dog’s Health:
Well when it comes to the drawbacks or the harmful effects of dates for the pets, then there is no such harm to pets health. So the pet owners can add this fruit to the canine’s diet plan without any negligence.
The most observant drawback of this fruit is its sweet, savory taste. Because of being sugary it should be added in a moderate way to the pet’s diet. Avoid its serving to the obese or fat dogs. A date contains 16 gram of sugar. If such type of fruit increases in the diet then it may cause diabetes to the pet.
Avoid such fruit which from sweet tooth dogs. Also, high fiber and sugary diet make the dog sluggish and lazy.
High fiber content can upset the dog’s stomach and also it can cause the bowel movements. If the dates are overeaten, then it becomes difficult for the dog to digest such high fiber content. It can cause further lead to diarrhea and vomiting.
The second most important thing is to remove the pit. The dates should be pitted. Date’s pit doesn’t have cyanide and other harmful ingredients. But the intake of it can cause blockage in the intestine, which is not a good situation for the dog as well as for the pet owner. Don’t show negligence and remove the pit.
Well, these are some of the drawbacks of dates; otherwise, it is safe fruit for the pet.
Can Dogs Eat Dates? – The Final Verdict:
Our final verdict on can dogs eat dates is oblivious, i.e., it is safe for your pooch, so “Yes” from us on this delicious fruit. This topic can be concluded from many aspects. We will try to conclude for our readers.
- Dates are high energy packs for your dog.
- Don’t give leftovers to the canine either from the table or the parties.
- Add nutritive human fruits and foods to the dog’s diet.
- Dates are not mandatory fruit for the Americans.
- Dates come from the Middle Eastern countries.
- Dates have potassium, in it.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B5 are also available in it.
- Vitamin A1 is also present in it.
- Other minerals iron calcium, magnesium, copper and, zinc is in abundant in it.
- Just like milk dates are the whole food.
- They are low in fats almost zero cholesterol.
- Always feed human fruit first in less amount and monitor for any reaction.
- Keep its addition in the diet to the moderate levels.
- The sugar content in it is high.
- Overdosage of it can cause diabetes and bowel movements.
- The dates are pitted.
- Pits are free from cyanide like other fruit’s pit consists.
- But ingestion of pit can lead to blockage in the intestines.
- Dates are the healthy choice for the dogs.
Pet owners shouldn’t show negligence in human fruit consumption by the dog. After all, dogs are the part of our family. Take care of them. Keep their diet balanced. And consult within any food poisoning.