It comprehensively depends upon the pet owners that what are they feeding their pets. Sometimes dog’s diet includes their daily routine meals from the decent dog food products. If you want to have some social relationship with your cute dog, then it can accomplish in many ways. Sharing your food is one of those approaches.
Fresh fruits e.g Strawberries, Mangoes and veggies e.g Pickles seem nutritive and attractive for the canines. Don’t get panic if your pooch likes fruits in the meal. In this topic, we are focusing edibility of bananas for dogs. Can dogs eat bananas, banana peels, banana chips?
Or can dogs eat bananas safely?
These are the question often ask but the pet owners regarding banana. We are going to explore them wholly. Be in the right direction and once for all, clear your queries about giving bananas to the pooch.
- 1 Can dogs eat bananas?
- 2 Can dogs eat bananas safely?
- 3 Banana’s nutritional advantages
- 4 How can overeating of bananas be dangerous?
- 5 How should we serve bananas to the pooch?
- 6 Can dogs eat bananas – Conclusion
Can dogs eat bananas?
Well, this heavenly and balanced fruit is superb for human and pets. The answers to this excessively ask the question is simple “Yes” the dogs can eat bananas.Bananas are full of the minerals and vitamins which are beneficial in for our pet.
You can add bananas to the dog’s diet as a snack. Bananas are the power source. They are a mini energy booster. If your pet exhausts because of the massive activities on a daily basis then I recommend this fruit.
These days everyone wants instant solution for their pets, from the veterinarian’s aspects bananas are the immediate solution in hectic scenarios. Furthermore whenever when someone peels a banana, actually he/she is peeling vitamin and minerals.
Another plus point is that that bananas are seedless (commercial bananas in the market), so one don’t have to worry the about the removal of seeds. Just peel it off and feed it to your dog.
We are going discuss those components that make it so efficient. Stay glued to the article for more info.
Can dogs eat bananas safely?
To go through this above topic, first, we have to discuss the banana’s nutritional benefits. And their advantages for pets.
- Scientific name – Musa.
- Food color – yellow, greenish yellow, green, red.
- Vitamins – Vitamin B6, C, K.
- Minerals– Potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium
- Pet edible – yes.
- Low in fat – yes.
Note that vitamins as mentioned earlier and minerals are the major contributors to nutritional benefits. Otherwise, there is a very long list of list of vitamins and minerals which are less contribution.
Bananas are rich in fiber helps the pooch to get rid of gastrointestinal problems. Can dogs eat bananas safely? “Yes,” it is safe for the dogs. It depends upon that how you add the bananas to their diet plan. Pooch attract to the sweet smell of the fruit and get happy after getting such delicious treat from the owner.
Don’t give too much of it or your pooch star to sneak, to get the bunch of this delicious fruit. It will add more problems than the solutions. You must know that moderate is the key to give any human food to the pet. Also, you can mix it with the dog food to make the meal delight and tasty.
Over consumption of any food can be fatal. But bananas are safe for the pooch. Don’t get confused by unreliable sources. And add it to the canine’s diet plan.
Banana’s nutritional advantages
There are many nutritional benefits for the pet’s health. As mentioned earlier it is a mini energy pack for the animals. I am going to suggest its effects on the body of the pet.
The soluble fibers are suitable good for stomach, which improves the bowel issues in the dog.
- Magnesium regulates the blood pressure and also is a source of releasing the dopamine which relaxes the furbaby.
- Potassium is one of vital mineral, which grows muscle and provides strength to it.
- Vitamin C is used to get rid of germs and improves the immune system.
- Can dos eat bananas for diarrhea “Yes,” its fiber content helps to give relief In such conditions
- It balances the sugar level in the bloodstream.
- Glucose, fructose, and sucrose are the energy provider for the pet.
- Calcium is good for bones.
- It contains 33% of Vitamin B6, which fights anemia in pets.
- Being low in fat helps us to use it as replacement of high protein diet.
These are the some of its nutritional benefits. Anyone can quickly go through its advantages. But the excessive eating of it can give rise health disorders. It is the golden rule that moderately serves any human food.If your dog happens to munch on bananas more than the limit, then it can cause worse symptoms.
Let’s go through these harmful effects.
How can overeating of bananas be dangerous?
Apart from its advantages, here we will discuss its side effects. The canine can show it because of overdosage of bananas.
First of all, you must seek the veterinarian help, if your pet shows symptoms. Because if you don’t show the responsibility in such matters, then the results could be fatal
Diarrhea and vomiting mostly occur by the overdosage of the bananas. Too much of them increase the fibers intake which is difficult to digest. And often bowel movement occurs. And with this dog usually get constipated.
Too much of this fruit can increase the level of potassium in the blood which leads to hyperkalemia. And pooch starts to show the weakness symptoms. If a dog consumes it in a significant amount, then it can create a blockage in the stomach.
Look for other different symptoms of disorientation and allergies. In such cases take your pet to the vet hospital. As we already clear in above detail that bananas are the snack for your pooch, it shouldn’t consider the whole day meal.
Banana peels are high in fiber, so it is difficult to digest but somehow accidentally your pet ingest banana peel then monitor him closely for other symptoms such as vomiting, blockage, and diarrhea.
How should we serve bananas to the pooch?
As we already debate that level should be moderate. Use bananas as a snack for your pooch not the whole meal of a day. For big dogs, one whole banana us enough in 24 hours but for the small dogs three to four pieces are enough.
Now we will discuss different methods of serving this delicious fruit.
1- Can dogs eat banana chips?
As you know that bananas are full energy contents, mostly it has the high concentration of different kind of sugars. But in when chips are made from it then according to the recipe they are dehydrated.
It will break down the sugar and other fiber contents. And it becomes more healthy then the raw banana. These banana wedges are the bit saltier and oily so avoid too much ingestion of it as it can lead to cholesterol issues.
2- Can eat dogs frozen banana?
The frozen bananas are yummy snack when the temperature shots. The frozen banana mix with yogurt can add to their diet plan. It helps to relieve the tooth pain in the pooch.
3- Can dogs eat banana bread?
The banana bread is the delicious homemade treat for the dog. This sweet-savory is attracted dogs. But remember it contains high sugar levels, so feed your dog in small portions. Too much of it causes diarrhea.
Well, there are many ways of serving bananas to the dog. Like bananas with peanut butter and banana cakes, whenever you start to feed different dishes of banana, you must be sure about its advantages and side effects. It depends on your dog which is good and which are allergic to them.
Can dogs eat bananas – Conclusion
Our verdict on can dogs eats bananas “Yes.” They can munch on this fruit. We will see the some of the essential points to conclude the whole article.
- Bananas are the source of energy for the dog.
- They have many health benefits for the pooch as mentioned above.
- Feed it moderately, too much of this fruit can lead to sickness.
- Avoid the ingestion of banana peel because it is high in fi
- Feed this fruit to your dog in different kind of treats.
- Due to high in sugar and other vitamins and minerals, it can use as immediate energy upgrade.
- Avoid too much ingestion of bananas, as it can be fatal in many ways. All of these symptoms as described above.
- Big dogs can have one banana in 24 hours, While two and three pieces of it are enough for small dogs.
- There are many fusion recipes of bananas with other ingredients such as banana chips, frozen bananas, banana bread, banana cakes and, banana with peanut butter. Your pooch will love these treats.
We hope this article will help you with the dog’s ingestion of banana. If next time your dog goes crazy for the banana then let the canine enjoy this delightful treat.